Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the night before surgery.
- No smoking at least 8 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting comfortable clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take any medications routinely, please take these medications with just a sip of water the morning of surgery unless you have been instructed otherwise by one of our doctors.